What's new

just an idea

would you come back or play if the server relaunched? SWG 2.0????

• Total voters

madhead

The server is on its last legs and the population is dead. This server has the best potential to be a great server with all the custom instance dungeons with actual mechanics and upcoming arena 2v2/4v4 pvp
also this server has working GCW and FRS.

Good vote 10/10 (sarcasm)

Edit: Thought that was obvious when someone makes a poll with those two options.

Last edited:

Sudo

Warfront Developer
Staff member
Hey guys,

I've spoken with the rest of the team and we do not feel a wipe is necessary. While we are stoked you guys are coming back to Warfront, we have loyal people who have stuck with us through rough times, and wiping the server would essentially punish those who stayed and supported us during those times. I understand one of the main complaints about coming back is being left behind on resources, but, new resources will spawn, old resources are still lingering around, and I'm sure some of the existing crafters wouldn't mind lending a hand on getting new crafters up to speed. We're extremely close to hitting our 6 month anniversary, meaning we are still a relatively new server, and we have a ton to offer. More and more content will be rolled out in the months to come and we hope you're all here and ready for it when it arrives.

I'd like to reiterate to the community as a whole that we want the server to grow just as much as you do. We appreciate everyone who's taking the time to advertise our server and bring more people in, and if you have any ideas or suggestions on how we advertise further and can continue to grow, we are open to those suggestions.

We're aware we aren't listed at SWGEmu and are going to work on getting that restored.

Marine

Technically the anniversary is this Saturday and no one's even posted it on the FB page. The public relations is lacking. This is just a pit post, not in the Gen discussion.

Sudo

Warfront Developer
Staff member
Technically the anniversary is this Saturday and no one's even posted it on the FB page. The public relations is lacking. This is just a pit post, not in the Gen discussion.
Yes, sorry about that, we have no excuse. We'll get something posted today, and we'll try to notify you guys sooner of stuff like this.

Syg

I think its more about the mentality that comes with a server being 6 months old that has a population of 50 online characters. It doesnt matter how far behind you actually are, anyone looking at the server will assume they are 6 months behind, and most players dont want that they want to be competitive - if thats crafting or combat it doesnt matter. For me personally its got nothing to do with resources, there genuinly are not enough players stacking resources for me to be worried about being behind - this isnt bas that has been up for 4+ years, and all to do with players, player retention and advertisement. The content youve got coming in is great, but without players backing it whats the point? I dont think a wipe and a relaunch is punishing players, but honestly if you dont want to wipe there needs to be a relaunch of some kind with an incentive for new players and consistent advertisement.

Right now, whats the insentive for me to play when my main focus in this game is PvP? You dont have the population for that to be viable for me. At the same time, whats my endgame if I want to do something other than PvP? Again the player count is too low. I can farm resources and craft until the cows come home but whos buying the things I make? Whos buying the things that I farm?

This isnt about resources or people not willing to help, its about gaining players. Thats litterally all we want. We want the server to grow because we enjoyed playing here. If your happy with the status quo then thats fine, but some of us arnt and thats why this vote came about in the first place.

Being loyal to your playerbase is all well and good, but I dont think many people enjoy playing a sandbox game that revolves around community, with 25 other people.

SIGNED ORBY STRIKERINO

:confused:

Last edited:

Marine

I think its more about the mentality that comes with a server being 6 months old that has a population of 50 online characters. It doesnt matter how far behind you actually are, anyone looking at the server will assume they are 6 months behind, and most players dont want that they want to be competitive - if thats crafting or combat it doesnt matter. For me personally its got nothing to do with resources, there genuinly are not enough players stacking resources for me to be worried about being behind - this isnt bas that has been up for 4+ years, and all to do with players, player retention and advertisement. The content youve got coming in is great, but without players backing it whats the point? I dont think a wipe and a relaunch is punishing players, but honestly if you dont want to wipe there needs to be a relaunch of some kind with an incentive for new players and consistent advertisement.

Right now, whats the insentive for me to play when my main focus in this game is PvP? You dont have the population for that to be viable for me. At the same time, whats my endgame if I want to do something other than PvP? Again the player count is too low. I can farm resources and craft until the cows come home but whos buying the things I make? Whos buying the things that I farm?

This isnt about resources or people not willing to help, its about gaining players. Thats litterally all we want. We want the server to grow because we enjoyed playing here. If your happy with the status quo then thats fine, but some of us arnt and thats why this vote came about in the first place.

Being loyal to your playerbase is all well and good, but I dont think many people enjoy playing a sandbox game that revolves around community, with 25 other people.

SIGNED ORBY STRIKERINO

This!!!!!!!

Rufio

These new additions and updates look very appealing. I enjoyed the new content . Still... many flaws and fixes and extreme changes during the early stage of the server contributed to the bad taste, lack of commited playerbase, loss of interest and weak pointless economy. I support full wipe.

Sev

a wipe wouldn't do any good.

with the way the resource manager works in warfront, a crafter could have near server best really quickly within a month or two. that said, crafting always favors early adopters in swg(emu or otherwise); so what do you do a year from now and crafters complain that they can't get a resource that spawned 9 months prior?

you just can't wipe the server every 6 or 9 months to allow newbies to catch up at the expense of the people that have stuck through thick and thin.

all that said, the best thing to do is allow for a craftable resource deed -or- increase both the size and drop rate of the existing deeds in game.

i could write a whole bunch more as to why the player count is what it is, but all i would do is hurt peoples feelings and it wouldnt do any good anyway.

BigWook

I have very conflicted feeling about this server

I started on this server on launch day and it was great. There were a ton of players, people were forming guilds, grinding towards their Jedi, and crafters like myself were farming resources to be the first ones to produce swoops/armor/weapons. This rush to get everything started on a new server lasted about 1week and I was probably playing 18hrs per day the whole time. I hadn't done much research into the server beforehand so I didn't realize that crafting/loot was very different on Warfront and that is where my problem was.

I HATE THE REWARD VENDORS!!!
Most of my guildies will disagree with me on this point but I feel the whole system of farming bosses for currency that you then spend on a vendor for high-end loot (while interesting) is what killed the server. Being able to click a button and produce high-end crafting components is great for a quick dopamine injection but in the long term it made PvE beyond afew mass guild farming sessions pointless. After just 1 or 2 weeks of our guild farming we had huge stockpiles of high-end components as well as AAs/CAs.

Logging in to PvE became nonexistent and I only started logging in for PvP. The problem with only logging in to PvP was that on Warfront after afew weeks or so all PvP became planned which meant you would only log ingame maybe 2hrs a night if that. After afew weeks of this planned PvP our overwhelming victories and light trolling had driven all of the opposite faction off the server. So with no reason to PvE and nobody to PvP there pretty much became no reason to log in at all.

As an Armorsmith I was able to produce the servers first 90% suit of armor on the first week of the server launching without using the reward vendors and having some lucky resource spawns. With the enhanced loot from the reward vendors it made producing capped armor suits almost a joke and with the reduced condition loss on gear (which I love btw) it made the need to craft armor for people a 1 time thing. After afew weeks of armor crafting nobody needed it anymore so I also stopped logging on him. I could produce armor for my vendors to sell but because of the easy access to high-end loot and high-end crafting it made the economy completely trash and credits were almost worthless.

I also had a problem with the "improved" armor crafting system where all armor sets (for the most part) had the capability of reaching the highest stats. At first glance this is great, you can walk around in Ubese or Padded Armor and it will have the same stats as Composite but this also meant your RIS and Mandalorian Armor had those stats. While I will admit producing these custom sets of armor like Mando on Warfront was alot easier because of how loot drops were and the reward vendors existence, my main complaint is what is the point? Why go out of my way to make Mando armor (even if its only alittle bit out of the way on this server) when the stats are exactly the same as Composite?

These changes to crafting/looting systems made it where you had nothing to strive for, nothing to dream you wish you had but knew you couldn't get unless you worked your ass off. The whole server is just instant gratification galore.